12yards 04-Sep-17
Deerplotter 04-Sep-17
MK111 06-Sep-17
Deerplotter 06-Sep-17
mn_archer 13-Nov-17
t-roy 13-Nov-17

Date:03-Sep-17
Deerplotter's Supporting Link

Check out and Discuss my Shoutz hunting property! Hit the link above to view.

Date:04-Sep-17

The plot looks awesome!!

Thanks. The Stump blind is my wife's bow stand for the cold late season MN hunts. Vertical windows makes it ideal to shoot from. The Giant Rape brassica isn't talked about much but has proven to produce great tonnage of greens into late season. If you guys are looking for something to plant for cold weather hunting give this brassica a try.

Looks lush! You must have gotten some good rain. Do you soil test every year and have you had to add anything to your soil to get stuff to grow so well?

Every other year soil test as we have low ph here with all the red pine from past years. Applied 5000# lime two years ago on three acres. Now 150# Of 22-7-20 does the trick on a July planting. We only had 1/2 of rain in July so all the growth is pretty much from August. The Dwarf Rape (smaller variety) in other fields faired ok but nothing like this Giant Rape. I will be asking my wife permission to hunt it in December I am sure.

By: MK111
Date:06-Sep-17

Looks great but how do the deer keep from falling off. Just kidding.

Date:06-Sep-17

Deerplotter's embedded Photo

Hey Scoot I have been plotting long time now. Actually sell plot seed for a company. So I have the ability to experiment. Have also planted brassica Giant Rape on Memorial Day weekend. Takes a bit More work but fun !

Date:13-Nov-17

Cary, we will talk this spring. I will need some clover seed and also some brassicas. not a lot this year but once all my areas are tillable ill have 4 acres give or take.

what brand seed do you sell?

michael

By: t-roy
Date:13-Nov-17

Very nice Cary! What part of Minnesota?

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.