t-roy 04-Mar-15
cityhunter 04-Mar-15
Trial153 04-Mar-15
2ndwindfarm 04-Mar-15
2ndwindfarm 04-Mar-15

By: Weasel
Date:20-Jul-14
Weasel's Supporting Link

Northeast Ohio property. Ashtabula County.

Date:20-Jul-14

What a great resource Pat has put together here for us to keep an online journal of our hunting property.

By: SteveB
Date:21-Jul-14

Nice looking property! Where in Ohio? I am in Northeast Ohio. I waited most of my life to finally get a piece that is "big enough" and hunt-able. It's a great feeling.

Congrats and good luck!

Date:21-Jul-14

Steve, my farm is between Andover and Williamsfield, closer to Williamsfield, towards Pymatuning Lake. How about you?

By: Zbone
Date:23-Jul-14

Weasel - Good luck... BTW, a big'n was killed or found dead in that area a couple years ago... Sorry can't remember the details, but remember it making the newspapers and of being world class of around 200" if I remember correctly...

Thanks. Yes, like a lot of ag areas in Ohio, the genetics are definitely here. My neighbors have showed me pictures and mounts that will rival any bucks in the country. I've caught a few glimpses of some giants in the short time I have been in this area.

-Brian

Brian, I have a couple farms that I've been hunting for years in that area, the one is just south of Andover by Pymatuning. Great turkey hunting, but a lot of deer hunting pressure. Is that an old railroad bed or trial system on the property? Good luck.

DJ

I am surrounded by thousands of acres of private land. I had cameras everywhere through hunting season and not one trespasser. I am closer to Williamsfield than Andover. There is an old railroad bed and a power line on the east border. The openings in the timber are old logging roads. Yes, lots of turkeys on and around my place.

By: Keadog

Looks great! Did I miss the total acreage? We lived in Geauga County 25 years - lots of nice deer throughout the state.

By: Zbone
Date:24-Jul-14

Keadog - I lived near (practically on) the Geauga/Ashtabula county line 25 years ago...8^)

Date:03-Mar-15

Weasel's MOBILE embedded Photo

Been a while since I added an update, pretty busy fall & winter. We kept our opening day of archery streak alive with another doe kill. Got some nice video footage of the hunt as well. My buddy Mike Cooper took the doe and I was behind the camera. You can click on the link in the opening post to see the updates and the video.

Ohio has some great support programs for landowners. The local Ohio Division of Wildlife biologist and local NRCS conservation agent came out to my farm to walk the property and come up with a habitat plan. It was a great time, I learned so much from those guys.

In addition to the free plan, advice and maps, I am eligible for a wetland/waterfowl dyke/levee project and they want to improve a few acres of habitat for ruffed grouse. This will all come at no cost to me. All the complaining I do about the government taking things from me, it's nice to see something coming back for my tax dollars.

It was great to walk with those guys and have them point out and identify all the native, non-native and invasive species on the property. Was a relief to hear I had very few invasives and they gave me advice on keeping those in check. I would highly recommend all of you property owners to contact your local wildlife biologist and NRCS agent.

looking good nothing like having your own hunting land ey.

Got the first building on the property just about completed. It's a two story barn with a sleeping loft upstairs. It's great to have a place to crash and to get out of the weather when need be. Eventually I plan to add a cabin and a few other outbuildings as time and money permits but for now, this little barn is a huge upgrade from running back and forth to town for a hotel room or working for the day and making the 90 mile run back home.

You got that right Alexis. I thank God everyday I am fortunate to be able to have a place of my own like this.

Nice! How many acres? God Bless

The acorns, chestnuts and crabapple seeds are starting to sprout in the fridge. It doesn't look like spring but it feels good to know it's coming as I get these seeds started in some dirt indoors.

Date:04-Mar-15

Congrats, Do you own both sides of the road and what is the acreage?

Congrats again I know that you are ecstatic!

By: SteveB

Weasel, I realized I never responded! Sorry! My property is on the Columbiana/Mahoning County line in Greenford north of Salem.

Taxes high? The communist republic of vermont are ridiculous

By: t-roy

Congrats on your property Brian. You are right in that there's nothing better than owning your own dirt unless it's being able to walk out of your back door to half of your stands!

I'm in the process of buying another 75 acre piece of ground next to my home place. Close on it in late March.

u want hi taxes move to NY

second that city.....NY is insane

more democrats - higher taxes

Sorry about politicS. They all blow!!! Would like to buy a piece of land in the heartland some day. Deer population down in vt and nh.

Bowsite.com DeerBuilder on FacebookYouTube Channel Contact DeerBuilder
Registration
Facebook Page
YouTube Channel
Advertise
Bowsite.com
Copyright © 2012 Bowsite.com. No duplication without prior consent.